Monday, April 13, 2009

The Passing of Harry Kalas

Posted on 11:18 AM by Steve


Harry Kalas has passed away today at the age of 73.

Harry Kalas meant the world to me, Harry is what baseball sounds like. Harry is the narrator of every one of my childhood dreams, and his voice will never fail to bring a smile to my face. Last October, I wondered "How would Harry call that?" after every big play called by Joe Buck, and I will still wonder that when watching games when I'm 40. He led a blessed life, he did what he loved, he fittingly passed away in the booth, and was also lucky enough to get to call a World Series inning with his son Todd. God Bless them both, as well as Harry's wife Eileen, and Todd's brothers Brad and Kane.

Below you'll find a ton of links, that we'll continue to update as we come across them.

Harry's wiki page.

Jayson Stark weighs in here.

Mike Schmidt's quick conversation with ESPN on his feelings.

The Mayor, Michael Nutter.

The Inquirer has this, and the Daily News' Rich Hoffman posted this.

The ESPN story on his passing.

Everybody keep him in your prayers, thanks.

No Response to "The Passing of Harry Kalas"

Leave A Reply